Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Indie Businesses ROCK, hon!

I had the great fortune of helping two of my bestest friends with their soon-to-open-store's table at the Greater Lauraville Fair (in Baltimore, MD). While I only sold three pairs of my non-candy themed earrings (and none of the candy themed!), I was able to soak up the wonder and amazement that is indie business owning. It restored my faith in my dream of one day owning a store of my own. While my original dream specifically focused on bookselling and coffee, I think I'm either transitioning away from or to include something crafty. I think crafts are an amazing part of the American landscape, and I don't mean that in a flag-wavin', down-home kind of way. It's just an important part of our heritage that we should preserve (instead of guns, violence and things of that nature). So I do my part and I hope that one day I can inspire the rest of the world to do their own.

So here are a few pictures from the fair!



The rest of the pictures can be found in my Rock Candy Flickr Album.
If you're a Baltimorean and want to keep updated on the status of the store, check out Rock Candy Baltimore's Website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails