I'm asking you, dear readers, to believe most of this blog's title. For the most part, things are good. I'm on a brief respite from work to get my health stuff in line, I have the great benefit of a kick ass and aggressive allergist championing my cause, the hives are slowly going away and staying there, I'm not allergic to anti-histamines after all (1), I haven't had a tomato or tomato by-product in almost two weeks (2), I've celebrated so many birthdays in the past month that I'm considering wearing a party hat from March clear through to May every year (3), I haven't seen my BFF nearly as much as I should and I'm feeling a little shaky from withdrawal (4), I'm dealing fiercely and ferociously with some assholish folks who just can't comprehend the fact that no one can tell me what to do (5), I had a little tiff with my Mom but otherwise Family Land is splendid and incredibly supportive, I finally cleaned the apartment ALMOST to my strict specifications, I initiated Popsicle Season with some good ol' fashioned Kool Aid tropical punch pops (6), I'm in love more than always/more than ever with the best guy a gal like me could have asked for (7), I'm reigniting old friendship flames here and there and enjoying it immensely, I'm contemplating a career change, I'm listening to the Indigo Girls again, I'll probably eat some couscous this week which is tres exciting, I got some blond[e] highlights from the most awesomest hairstylist in B'more and now I kind of have a highlightery-Vitamin C (the singer, yes) look going on (8), I'm addicted [even more so] to trashy magazines AND I finally subscribed to a new cooking magazine (Bon Apetit, son!), David Blaine terrifies me, and I'm still in my pajamas.
Please see the footnotes from the longest sentence above...below:
1. Xyzal - God's gift to anti-histamines.
2. OMG I miss them so much. I hope I'm not allergic to the sweet fruit of summer.
3. This is me, Jack and Ed in Cambridge, MD (on the shore, hon) attempting to sing a drunken Happy Birthday. It looks like I'm choking on a party horn.
4. Go read her blog. She's the snazziest.
6. Grape is quite delicious as well. Pick up a kick ass popsicle maker at your local IKEA.
7. Isn't he the most handsome!?
8. See what I mean? Please excuse the evil glare.