Wednesday, April 30, 2008

When I go MIA, it usually means things are good.

I'm asking you, dear readers, to believe most of this blog's title. For the most part, things are good. I'm on a brief respite from work to get my health stuff in line, I have the great benefit of a kick ass and aggressive allergist championing my cause, the hives are slowly going away and staying there, I'm not allergic to anti-histamines after all (1), I haven't had a tomato or tomato by-product in almost two weeks (2), I've celebrated so many birthdays in the past month that I'm considering wearing a party hat from March clear through to May every year (3), I haven't seen my BFF nearly as much as I should and I'm feeling a little shaky from withdrawal (4), I'm dealing fiercely and ferociously with some assholish folks who just can't comprehend the fact that no one can tell me what to do (5), I had a little tiff with my Mom but otherwise Family Land is splendid and incredibly supportive, I finally cleaned the apartment ALMOST to my strict specifications, I initiated Popsicle Season with some good ol' fashioned Kool Aid tropical punch pops (6), I'm in love more than always/more than ever with the best guy a gal like me could have asked for (7), I'm reigniting old friendship flames here and there and enjoying it immensely, I'm contemplating a career change, I'm listening to the Indigo Girls again, I'll probably eat some couscous this week which is tres exciting, I got some blond[e] highlights from the most awesomest hairstylist in B'more and now I kind of have a highlightery-Vitamin C (the singer, yes) look going on (8), I'm addicted [even more so] to trashy magazines AND I finally subscribed to a new cooking magazine (Bon Apetit, son!), David Blaine terrifies me, and I'm still in my pajamas.

Please see the footnotes from the longest sentence above...below:

1. Xyzal - God's gift to anti-histamines.


















2. OMG I miss them so much. I hope I'm not allergic to the sweet fruit of summer.








3. This is me, Jack and Ed in Cambridge, MD (on the shore, hon) attempting to sing a drunken Happy Birthday. It looks like I'm choking on a party horn.













4. Go read her blog. She's the snazziest.





5. I hate to reuse it, but whatevs.












6. Grape is quite delicious as well. Pick up a kick ass popsicle maker at your local IKEA.



















7. Isn't he the most handsome!?





















8. See what I mean? Please excuse the evil glare.

9 comments:

  1. sigh...it seems you have moved on without me...oh well...i'll get over it someday...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your blog. Mr Superman is lovely and I am joining you in the Koolaid popsicle club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are going good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Superman cake, that was awesome!! I'm definitely coming back here 'cause anyone who loves Koolaid popsicles has got to be cool!!

    By the way, I found your blog through DadGoneMad. I've posted a complete list of everyone who left their blog link in a post called Blog Rolling With My Homies over on my blog, so if you want to see it come on over and sit a spell. I don't bite..…that hard anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have something for you that I think you will like but now I am kinda worried it might aggravate the hives :-/

    Beer/ wine/ coffee/ farmers market meet up some time soon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superman cake rocks! That was better than the Spongebob cake I got! I hope you aren't allergic to the maters, I know how you feel about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks fab! You give orangeheads (I was going to say redheads, but that doesn't really explain the gorgeous color) a good name!

    Just trying to spread blogger love (by was of deedee and DGM)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kool aid popsicles...now that brings back some fun childhood summer memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definately need to get some popsicle molds, I know my kids would love them. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails