Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Quirky...that's fun to say.

kdiddy (who is funny as shit, so get over there and love her) decided to test her blog readership's commitment to actually reading her blog, and well, I winned! Apparently, I have to tell you six unspectacular quirks about myself. But...what is a quirk if not spectacular!? Here goes, regardless.

The Rules:

1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about six unspectacular quirks you possess.
4. Tag six following blogger by linking them. (<-- do I have six followers?!)
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they have been tagged. (<-- kdiddy did not do this, and I'm not going to meme-stalk you either)

1. French Fries
I line them up. Some people call it "OCD", but I'm more fond of quirk. I line my french fries up according to size and eat them in pairs. If I deviate from this, it's either because I'm tired or drunk.

2. Burps
Whenever someone burps, I say "Bless You". Burps are so much more fun than sneezes, and everyone needs a blessing now and then. Sometimes the "Bless You" is followed by a "Jesus Christ, did you barf in your mouth?!", therefore making the blessing more religious.

3. Bags
I'm a bag lady. I'm finally admitting it. OK!? In fact, I have bags in my bags. And I keep extra bags in the event I'll need more bags when the bags I'm currently carrying become full and/or inadequate. My most recent bag purchase was a red and white polka dotted oilcloth thing to hold all of my "electronics" in my messenger bag. It sits next to my ladybug medicine bag, my "just in case I go grocery shopping" bag and is also currently resting atop a Bed, Bath & Beyond bag that is holding my Excedrin Tension Headache purchase from last night.

4. Laundry
My favorite time to fold laundry is while it's still hot. Sometimes, I race to the dryer to catch it before the buzzer goes off. Sometimes, I check the dryer 378 times before it's ready just to see if it's ready. And if I miss it, I have to fluff whatever is in the dryer for at least 10 minutes. And then...the folding. Oy. The folding.

5. E-mail
In the days of yore, when people sent forwards, I would edit all of the < symbols and wacky formatting errors out of the e-mail before forwarding it myself. I would also correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. Now I tend to do this in MySpace. People have actually noticed and laughed at me.

6. Calendars
I love calendars, especially Page-A-Days and fancy day planners. BUT, I never remember to tear off the pages or add things to my day planner. In fact, when I do remember to write things on or in my calendar I generally forget them later. I've convinced myself that my mind is a steel trap, when in fact I've forgotten that it is actually not...it's something akin to warm Silly Putty. The impression might stay, but it's still pretty freakin' soft.

Ta da!

I'm tagging:
DiSnazzio - because she didn't comply with kdiddy's tagging
Debonair Geek - because...whatareyoudoing?!
Dandelion Blu - because it seems like she might need a break from crafting
Silver Bee - because she seems like a quirky lady
Nicole is Cooking - because her food posts make me want to eat my monitor
NoveltyKitten - because she's fancy

4 comments:

  1. "kdiddy did not do this"

    oh. whoops. quirk #7: doesn't read directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it. But where on earth did you get that I'm fancy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't really think of 6... for the past month I keep getting stuck on "OMG! Don't let my food touch!" And that is as far as I get.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails