Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Baby Shower Invites

My friend/faux sister-in-law is expecting and I offered, in pure party-planning dork mania, to host the baby shower for her bun in the oven (And her. And her husband.). Baby showers, baby, party planning, crafty stuff...all things for which I am a total geek.

From what I can deduce, her "colors" are brown and blueish with some mod polka dots mixed in here and there. I walked into the craft store ready to pick up supplies to send real invitations, as I felt an E-vite just wasn't fancy enough. Scrapbooking aisles in craft stores are bordering on overload, people. But I managed to find the Martha Stewart section and felt like that's where I needed to be. Call me a corporate sell out, but her stuff is NICE.

I picked up:
  • 12"x12" crafting paper in "Salon" (a lovely combination of aqua, leafy green and brown solids and prints)
  • some of her adhesive decorative ribbon tape in complementary colors
  • mini gingham envelopes in leafy green
  • Kraft paper cards and envelopes
  • three of her awesome markers in fine-point black, brown and leafy green
I decided on a relatively simple design, mostly because I didn't want to make the card too cutesy or too gendered. I also wanted to do it without a computer, which sometimes makes things feel impersonal to me. Ultimately, I'm completely satisfied with my little papercrafts project and I really won't hesitate to make cards by hand again OR purchase Martha Stewart stuff.


1 comment:

  1. i'm sure it will be a cool party going by the cards! and the book idea is one of my faves, get those bambini into reading i say!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails