From what I can deduce, her "colors" are brown and blueish with some mod polka dots mixed in here and there. I walked into the craft store ready to pick up supplies to send real invitations, as I felt an E-vite just wasn't fancy enough. Scrapbooking aisles in craft stores are bordering on overload, people. But I managed to find the Martha Stewart section and felt like that's where I needed to be. Call me a corporate sell out, but her stuff is NICE.
I picked up:
- 12"x12" crafting paper in "Salon" (a lovely combination of aqua, leafy green and brown solids and prints)
- some of her adhesive decorative ribbon tape in complementary colors
- mini gingham envelopes in leafy green
- Kraft paper cards and envelopes
- three of her awesome markers in fine-point black, brown and leafy green
I decided on a relatively simple design, mostly because I didn't want to make the card too cutesy or too gendered. I also wanted to do it without a computer, which sometimes makes things feel impersonal to me. Ultimately, I'm completely satisfied with my little papercrafts project and I really won't hesitate to make cards by hand again OR purchase Martha Stewart stuff.