Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Save Bitch!

A few years ago, my Mom was going through a list of magazines for which she was able to get awesome subscription deals, and she asked me if there was anything I'd be interested in. I had the HARDEST time mustering up the strength to say to her, "well, Mom, all I'd really want is Bitch." I've been incredibly loyal to Bitch, too, over the years. I buy the magazine in the bookstore faithfully, whenever I see it. It's the only magazine I really collect and re-read multiple times, and I generally feel like it's the only magazine out there (read: Not Ms. or Bust) that is really doing feminism justice. They manage to *get* intersectionalism like no other magazine out there. That's why I kind of feel like they need to be on your coffee table.



Sadly they're in a bit of a crisis. They need $40,000 by October 15th to pull off another issue, and that's where you come in. Follow this trusty banner to their website and donate, or do what I did and pick up a subscription for yourself and your best friend (Surprise Bucko!). It's a really easy way to tell this kick ass magazine that you love them and you want it to stay around for years and years and years...or at least long enough for my kids to read.

Save Bitch!

Oh, I've added the thermometer in my sidebar so we can track the wiener for as long as it takes. Grow wiener dog grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails