Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Recipe Tuesday!

Remember the olden days when I actually though I'd do this weekly? Well, it might be back for good! Who knows, really? I'm about as predictable as the weather these days. I've had a hankering, though, for these cookies and decided I'd share my Mom's recipe with you all. My preference is for the addition of raisins, and only raisins...especially big plump juicy ones. When you use butter, these tend to spread out and get slightly chewy in the center and crisp on the edges. Just perfect, eh!?

Quick Oatmeal Cookies - My Mom

½ c. butter
½ c. firmly packed brown sugar
½ c. granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbls. milk
1 c. sifted all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 c. uncooked quick rolled oats

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla, milk and mix well.

Mix dry ingredients together and then blend well with butter mixture.

For a different flavor, add one of the following:
  • ¾ c. chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp. grated orange rind
  • ½ c. raisins (<--- my vote!)
  • 1 c. flaked coconut
Drop the cookies 2” apart on a well-greased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown @ 350 degrees.

Makes about 3 dozen 2” cookies.

(Sorry, msaims! I don't have an Aussie conversion, mate. Don't hate me for just saying "mate".)

2 comments:

  1. my bloody oath! those bickies'd walk at my joint and i'd go sultanas, all the way.

    no worries mate, i'll use me nut...

    nah, it's all good, same difference, your recipe's on the bob.

    cheers, you little ripper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Msaims - HAHAHAHAHA.

    I have no idea what you just said.

    Something about putting a crocodile on the barbie?

    You silly Aussies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails