Some of my favorites:
- Can't get garlic or onion smell off your hands? Use toothpaste!
- Extend your pants! Hook a rubberband through the button hole and loop it around the button for some extra breathing room. I'd love to see a whole table full of people chow down, then lean back and loosen their pants with rubberbands.
- Stop tarnish on older or costume jewelry with clear nailpolish.
- Detangle a knot (shoelaces, strings, chain) with a little sprinkle of cornstarch.
- Help gelatin set up quickly by using small disposable cups. Young people often call these "Jello Shooters" when they are mixed with clear liquor. Dontchaknow?!