Thursday, March 26, 2009

Great Reads: Blogs I'm loving lately

I'm pretty discriminate about the blogs I add to my Google Reader, mostly because I don't always have the time to read every single word and I wind up feeling overwhelmed. I have added a few blogs recently, though, that I find spectacularly awesome. I decided to dedicate a post to the blogs I'm interested in these days, and perhaps it'll become a regular feature. Click on the image above the description to go directly to the blog. Enjoy!








Dutch Girl Cooking has fabulous and unusual recipes and amazing food photography. The recipes are also written with American cups and spoons measurements, eliminating the need for conversion! I'm particularly excited about the Crazy Meatballs and the Peachy Chicken.







The Cooking of Joy
features amazing food photography too, but also adds unique twists on traditional dishes, like corned beef hash pasties! The Cincinnati Style Chili recipe from today also looks absolutely amazing. I also appreciate her sub-header..."I make people drool."







Pennies on a Platter
has been around for a little while, but the recipes are certainly more relevant today then they probably were then! Nikki, the author, shares money saving tips and recipes for delicious treats like Apple Dippin' Peanut Butter Cookies and her recent recipe for English Muffins.







Jena Coray of Modish has expanded her expertise and created Modish Biz Tips, a blog dedicated to indie business owners and all of the trials and tribulations we face getting our businesses off the ground. She focuses on just about every facet of the creative and business process, and I look forward to how this blog will evolve!







For the Love of Food is a fantastic, comprehensive blog dedicated to the creation, display, photography and consumption of food. I'm especially fond of the 30 Meals that can be cooked in under 20 minutes post. We can all use some time-saving inspiration.







The Art of the Tote
is a blog dedicated to my favorite bag of all time - The Tote Bag. Boxy, simple, utilitarian and full of potential, this blog features fabulous tote bags that run the gamut from designer and pricey to those with the potential to be inexpensive and/or DIY.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm honored that you included my food blog on this list! I've been having so much fun writing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fantastic compliments! I'm flattered :)

    One thing, though; my blog is not designed for metric cooking. Not at all actually. I only work with American cups and measuringspoons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy - Your blog is lovely! My friend, from Cincinnati but currently in Minneapolis, was in awe and rendered speechless by your chili post!

    Kay - My mistake! I'll edit it now. I think that what spilled onto the "page" is the complete opposite of what I was thinking in my head. I was surprised that things weren't metric and I got confused. So sorry!

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails