Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Old News: Shop O' The Week

March 2 - 8, 2009

If I could line my home with cute little felt people and animals, especially owls with hats and hedgies with capes, I certainly would!
The Cupcake Girls - Available @ Etsy.com








March 9 - 15, 2009

Madison Belle is a unique mixture of vintage, modern, whimsy and style. They carry anything from kitchen accessories to home decor to stationery. Quite fabulous, if I do say so!








March 16 - 26, 2009 (oops!)


Please take a moment to check out Farouche @ Etsy. Wildly delightful, hilarious and sometimes whimsical [with an edge], Farouche produces finely printed stationery and et ceteras for just about everyone's aesthetic.











March 27 - April 2, 2009

Vessels & Wares is the creative project of Jeanette Zeis. Her delicate color palette and simple touches of whimsy make for a lovely and unique line of vegan pottery. I'm fond of the bunny, as that is my nickname for Em.

I love the ingenious design of the berry bowl, which has a colander base, allowing you to wash and eat your berries from the same bowl. The bright blue "basket" would also be perfect for flowers.






April 3 - April 28, 2009 (oops again!)

26 Olive Street is my new favorite vintage shop! Based out of Omaha, NE, the self-described "vintage hoarders" collect and share a stunning assortment of vintage gifts and household accessories.

Their use of saturated color-rich polaroid photographs sets the scene for an authentic vintage shopping experience. Their prices are reasonable, and their stock unique, expanding and excitingly vibrant. Check out their blog too!







April 29 - May 5, 2009
My friend Pang has an INCREDIBLY enviable imagination and sense of wonder, and that is made evident by her shop, Pretty Little Fings. She's created a fantastical world of real and imagined plush creatures, everything from anthropomorphic food to owls!

The quality of her work really solidifies the fact that Pang is one artist and crafter to watch! She'll be participating in Artomatic in DC over the course of the next month or so and you might even see Pretty Little Fings and oh ginger sharing a booth at the Handmade Mart in Silver Spring at the end of May!

Also, take a moment to visit her blog where she talks about her work, her town, and everything else that makes Pretty Little Pang interesting!

May 6 - 12, 2009
This week I'm featuring a designer I know very little about, but I'm already in love with her work. Miss Pickles Press is on Etsy and in her own online shop, and she features a bevy of fantastic typographic delights! I'm fond of the very itty bit she currently has in her Etsy shop and the other treats available on her website seal the deal.

When I've 100% settled on a design for oh ginger, I am going to try my darndest to work with Miss Pickles as her aesthetic, silliness and sly southern twang are all things with which I closely identify. And the s'mores labels! Oh, hello summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails