Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Steppin' Out: I'm in a show!

It's been many, many months since I featured oh ginger wares in a real, live craft show. When the opportunity came along to apply for the Handmade Mart, I was tentative because it is produced by some of the masterminds of Crafty Bastards and I'm still unconvinced that my stuff is of that caliber. Nevertheless, I put caution to the wind and submitted my application. Instead of going it alone, my pal Pang of Pretty Little Fings and I decided to share a booth, and while this was a quick decision made in the flash of a moment (because she is undoubtedly awesome and I know we'll be wildly entertaining to each other and everyone around us DUH!), I really feel like this is a really fabulous decision in the long run.


We'll be able to keep each other company among some really High Class crafters from this area and beyond, and we'll also have the opportunity to share space and feel out what it might be like to, I don't know, share a space for Crafty Bastards (I dunno...haven't asked yet!). Pang's craft is so whimsical and refined, and I feel honored to share a booth with her for any event. I hope to see all of you and then some at the Handmade Mart in Silver Spring on May 31st. More specific details will be forthcoming, but please visit their blog and website for more details if you're interested!

3 comments:

  1. congrats to both of you! hope we are close enough to shoot rubber bands at each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're swell!!!! i hope so too Chickadee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very excited to be sharing a show with you! (Even if I'm not quite as awesome as PLF to be able to share a booth.) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails