Friday, May 22, 2009

Vintage Friday: JaditeKate!

I think I must visit Etsy's front page at least 20 times a day. I love the collections and treasuries featured on the front page, and I find easy access to a variety of sellers and aesthetics really helpful to my creative process (but not my wallet). Tuesday, as I wandered over to the front page, I had a quick glimpse of a miraculous vintage piece of glassware before the treasury swapped to a new theme. Fortunately, I had enough time between my page refreshes to click to the shop...AND BOY DID I START SOMETHING! JaditeKate is probably one of the most beautiful and well-stocked vintage shops on Etsy that I've found yet. I mean, if someone was all, "hey Meaghan, if you could have a vintage shop on Etsy that was merely a gallery for all the stuff that would fill up your kitchen, what would it be like?" I would certainly say JaditeKate!


Milk glass, Jadite, Hazel Atlas, Fire King, Anchor Hocking, Roll-Rite, ALUMINUM...good lord this is a dream come true! To top it all off, JaditeKate has very fairly created a range of price points from the entirely affordable to the save-up-and-dream...nothing quite out of reach, but something worth stashing a few dollars away every now and then in the hopes you can snatch it up! I just have all of these visions of serving pie, and the sound of the pie lifter sliding against the ever-so-texturized surface of the thick, rich vintage glass. Or serving a glass of lemonade in a Hazel Atlas Candy Stripe tumbler, garnished with a sprig of mint. And if her For Sale items aren't enough for you, click on her drool-worthy Sold items for an idea of what this woman is capable of...this is literally the song that dances through my brain on a loop when I'm in her shop.

So please, do yourself a favor, and head over there and buy me a present. OH, ha ha. Just kidding, silly. Buy yourself a treat, drool, don a vintage apron and become the 1950s housewife you've always wanted to be...I'm projecting. Please pardon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails