Friday, September 18, 2009

Back in the saddle again.

Well, folks. It's been about two months since I wrote anything of consequence here, and while I have missed it, I will admit that it has also been a great way to recenter. Interestingly enough, I've done more domestic growing, learning and playing in those past two months then I really ever did while QD was in it's relative prime. I don't know why, but it has helped me realign my priorities and find peace with some things. Instead of waxing poetic about why I left and why I returned, I'm just going to return.

Today I repotted my entire indoor garden. I bought a few plants from IKEA last year and they've thrived, relatively speaking. I don't even know what most of them are called; I just water and groom them by instinct. We also have an aloe plant which has re-rooted itself five times since last year - so now we have five little healthy and growing aloe babies! I bought myself a small jade plant last night, as a special gift to myself. I also trimmed an overgrown pothos and planted some of its trimmings that I rooted a few weeks ago. Hopefully my babies will transition well in their new pots and soil. While I don't really believe I have a green thumb, I feel like houseplants are so important in a home. Not only do they help the air just a little bit, but they encourage routine and roots in your living space.

Finally, I'm going to try to reserve my more serious and personal blogging for Heirloom Tomato, which will have a link in the sidebar very soon.

Next up: a giveaway and pretty things for your walls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails