Tuesday, November 24, 2009

leiva * jewelry

[This is one post in a series of twelve posts designed to feature a wildly creative and exciting group of crafters and artisans. Please take a moment to visit the shop featured in this post and all the shops featured on the left and right hand sidebars of my blog. You'll have the opportunity to learn about two fabulous shops a week - just in time to get all of your holiday shopping done. Enjoy!]

The craft scene is filled to the brim with jewelry artisans and designers, using every possible medium to bring their creative visions to life. Having been immersed in that over the past two or so years has helped not only clarify my personal style, but it has really challenged me to find beauty in things that are completely different than what I normally desire. Additionally, it has given me a deeper appreciation for fine artistry and the time and dedication quality jewelry making requires. I was pleased to add Leiva to my group of sponsors for that reason - I am a colorful and bright personality yet her delicate yet bold jewelry spoke to me in ways I never expected. I'm so excited to share her work with you!

Mandy Carroll-Leiva is the mastermind behind Leiva jewelry. Trained at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia in jewelry and metalsmithing, Mandy spent many years honing her skills as a production assistant and manager in New York City for rather prestigious jewelry designers. Somehow, through what I would consider a beautiful twist of fate, she escaped to Argentina where she fell in love and undoubtedly drew an infinite amount of inspiration from the beauty and culture available in Buenos Aires. She returned home and is now settled with her husband up north, developing her exciting collection of jewelry. Her line now extends to a number of delicate and sweet designs for weddings and other romantic events. On top of that, Mandy is currently making available an extremely refined and jaw-dropping line of colored diamond rings - they are unlike anything I have ever seen! Available in greens, peaches, pinks and even black, these rings are perfect for the off-the-beaten path kind of gal, and also ideal for GLBTQ folks who are in the process of becoming engaged or planning a commitment ceremony. To wear something truly unusual and one of a kind is a perfect complement to the special love involved in all of the relationships in the queer community, in my honest opinion.

Leiva is celebrating her one year anniversary through Monday November 30th, and I sincerely hope you consider spending some of your "Cyber Monday" dollars at her shop where you can get 10% off (except the diamonds!). From hand forged metalwork to rutilated quartz rounds, jade and turquoise, pearls and finely sculpted oxidized sterling silver earrings, Leiva's line has something for every woman in your life. The artist herself is sweet as can be and I feel so genuinely honored that she stumbled upon this little blog and said hello. I cannot wait to watch her collection evolve. Please visit Leiva - you'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

  1. wow! this is so fantatic! Thank you so much Meaghan- you are the best!
    I can't wait to share this!
    -mandy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails