Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A busy weekend ahoy!

There are two fabulous opportunities for folks in the DC Metro Area to finish up their holiday shopping, and I'm pleased as pie to be a part of both of them. Scheduled for the same day, these two events are both something I've been looking forward to for since early December! The cherry on top is that both shows will give me an opportunity to spend time with some of my nearest and dearest craft buddies, too. There isn't anything better than that!

Craft Mutiny's 4th Annual Holiday Booty Market
Saturday December 19th from 10am - 5pm
Design Within Reach - Adams Morgan

I will have my full line available at the Booty Market, including (if all goes according to plan) a Make Your Own Felt Ball Necklace station! I'll have a huge assortment of colors to choose from and I will finish up your felt ball necklace on the spot for the bargain price of $20. Choose your favorite colors, your family's favorite colors, your favorite sports team's colors, choose all one color. The possibilities are endless! I will be selling with 19 other local vendors, all amazingly talented. The event is free and refreshments will be offered (including homemade cookies courtesy of yours truly).

Rock-n-Shop - A Rock-n-Roll Garage Sale
with The Queer Crafter Collective
Saturday December 19th from 8pm - 11pm
The Black Cat - 14th Street NW (between S & T Streets)

The Queer Crafter Collective will have FIVE tables set up at this event, featuring just about everything from four of our five members. Choose from an enormous variety of DC, queer and love-themed tshirts and hoodies (for adults and kids) from Lara at 237 Inc., find little handy accessories and wardrobe accoutrements from Michelle of Monkey Grrl Duds, a bevy of repurposed delights including jewelry, household accessories and other delightful bits and baubles from Julie of Junk Science, and finally me (of Oh Ginger, duh) with whatever I have left from the Booty Market! Count on an assortment of stocking stuffers, including vintage stud earrings and Cubicle Art. This event is free, full of kick ass music and beer (which is not free BUT affordable), with a ton of sellers ranging from local non-profit groups to vintage resellers to crafters.

In the meantime, I'm offering a 30% discount off the treasures currently available in my shop using the discount code HAPPYHOLIDAYS. Everything purchased from my shop will ship out Monday December 21st via priority mail.

Please support handmade! It's the gift that keeps on giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails